Say hello to Simon Smart, one of our Customer Success Managers at Netpremacy. Simon has been with us for over four years, and in that time, he has worn many hats, including Support Engineer, Support Lead, and Customer Success Manager, and he has also earnt Google Cloud certifications, including Google Workspace Administrator and ChromeOS Administrator. He is a man of many talents and our office go-to whenever anyone has a query, whether it’s a problem with our laptop, where to find the TV remote or the best Deliveroo options in Leeds. Read this blog to learn more about his journey at Netpremacy.
What is your role at Netpremacy?
As a Customer Success Manager for Google Workspace, I am proud to be a part of a team that helps businesses of all sizes and industries to streamline their operations and boost productivity using the powerful tools of Google Workspace.
One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is being able to provide advice and training to my customers’ administrators on how to use the various Workspace tools. It is incredibly satisfying to be able to help a customer increase their productivity or automate a process that was previously time-consuming.
I also spend significant time troubleshooting technical issues that customers may be facing and working closely with the support team to resolve them. I also collaborate with the account management team, which can help customers even more if they are trying, for example, to consider requirements vs cost for appropriate user licensing.
One of the challenges of my role is the need to be flexible and adaptable. Each customer is unique and may have different needs, so it’s essential to be able to tailor my approach to each situation. I pride myself on the fact that most of my customers consider me an extension of their team.
Overall, my role as a Customer Success Manager is challenging and fulfilling. I enjoy being able to make a real impact in the lives of my customers and help them to achieve their business goals.
What 3 traits do you think are vital for your role?
1. Technical expertise: A Customer Success Manager for Google Workspace should have a solid understanding of the product’s technical capabilities and be able to troubleshoot and solve customer issues.
2. Communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate with customers and clearly explain technical concepts is essential for a Customer Success Manager.
3. Adaptability: As the role may involve working with a wide range of customers with different needs, a Customer Success Manager needs to be adaptable and able to tailor their approach to each customer’s unique situation.
What are some of the ways you have grown in your role?
One of the most notable areas of growth has been my technical knowledge and understanding of Google Workspace products. Due to the culture of personal development, I came into the business with what would be described as unrelated technical skills from my experience in Digital Marketing. Having started in a Junior Support Engineer role, progressing to Senior and eventually the Team Lead role before becoming a CSM. I have also developed strong communication and problem-solving skills, which have helped me to work with and understand the needs of my customers effectively.
What are the top 3 things you love about the company?
1. The team: I have the pleasure of working with highly skilled and dedicated professionals passionate about helping our customers achieve their goals.
2. The culture: Netpremacy has a culture of innovation, learning, and continuous improvement. I am constantly growing and developing as a professional in this environment.
3. The customers: I enjoy working with diverse customers from different industries and backgrounds. It’s always rewarding to help them achieve their goals and see our solutions’ impact on their business.
Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
In 3 years, I see myself continuing to grow as a Customer Success Manager and taking on more responsibility. I will also expand my knowledge of other Google products and services to offer more solutions to our customers. I’ve already begun expanding my knowledge into areas of Google’s Cloud infrastructure platform, GCP.
What would be your alternative career path?
Within Netpremacy, an alternative career path for me would be a role in product management or product marketing. I have a deep understanding of the customer’s needs and the product’s technical capabilities, and I would like to continue using that knowledge to drive product development and strategy.
In a perfect world, I’d use that degree gathering dust in Computer Animation and Visual Effects, combining my love of technology and creativity.
Want a career at Netpremacy?
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team, from sales roles to technical engineers. If you want to work at a fast-growing, dynamic tech company., we want to hear from you!
Take a look at all our vacancies here > netp.co/jobs.