Dave Ewing, Google Workspace Pre-Sales Engineer
Welcome back to our staff stories! This month we’re looking at all things pre-sales with our Google Workspace Pre-Sales Engineer, Dave Ewing!
What is your role at Netpremacy?
I’m a Presales Engineer for Google Workspace. This means I get to explore lots of ways of improving working practices for our existing and future clients. I love it when we get a lightbulb moment from a customer about solving a big problem for them.
What 3 traits do you think are vital for your role?
1. Being inquisitive and supportive at the same time. Customers don’t always know what they want, so it’s important to let them explain their issues in their own words and not just assume we know what they need.
2. Running shoes! Workspace is constantly adding new features to stay on top of – it’s great to see customer problems solved innovatively.
3. Be a team player. We’ve got great ideas and processes from across our clients and sharing that knowledge is the key to our combined success.
What are some of the ways you have grown in your role?
The breadth of the Google ecosystem is equal parts breathtaking and exciting. I don’t know that there’s a computing problem that Google doesn’t have a great answer for. Getting my Cloud Digital Leader certification earlier this year helped grow my understanding of how different components fit together for different types of business.
What are the top 3 things you love about the company?
1. There is a great team atmosphere and everyone is eager to help with their previous experience.
2. Hybrid work is normal for us, we’ve grown through the pandemic and I’m eager to play my part in further growth.
3. There’s great support for getting professional Google certifications and a real celebration when another team member passes an exam.
Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
I think we’ll have developed even more data management and analysis tools to help with migrations, maximising the business benefit of Workspace, and great ways of helping businesses get the most out of their infrastructure and data. There’s a definite demand to be able to combine all three.
What would be your alternative career path?
I always like to help people to make the most of what they have, so I’d maybe have been another Martin Lewis money saver in a different life.
Want a career at Netpremacy?
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team, from sales roles to technical engineers. If you want to work at a fast-growing, dynamic tech company, we want to hear from you!
Take a look at all our vacancies here.